Canon is a commonly used printer available around the globe. However, there are several issues which are pointed out by the users and “Canon printer printing blank pages” is one of them. If you are worried about the issue and searching for the solution, then you can rely on this article. This article is written completely based on the printer printing blank page error. So, go through this article till the end to learn the complete methods of solving the blank page printing error.
What Causes Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
There are several causes which are identified by the experts, responsible for the Canon printer printing blank pages issue and are as follows:
- No ink left on the Cartridge
- Ink gets dry on the Cartridge tip
- Dust on Printhead
- Incorrect Printer Settings
- Incomplete Electrical Circuit
To solve the matter causing the Canon printer prints blank pages issue, try the methods as explained below. Read the complete steps of the methods to learn them fluently.
How to Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages? Complete Steps
Here, in this section, you will get to learn the effective methods with the applications of which many of the users have already resolved the glitch causing the Canon printer printing blank pages issue. So, try the methods one by one as arranged below to get the quick result of solving the matter:
Solution 1: Clean the Printhead of the Canon Printer
Once you have stuck with the printer printing the blank pages issue, firstly, clean the printhead of the printer. This is one of the effective methods to resolve the matter. And the steps to follow to clean the printhead of the Canon printer are as below. So, check the steps thoroughly to learn it:
- At first, tap the Windows button along with the letter “R” to get the Run bar window open.
- Then, on the Run bar type control.
- After that, click on OK/ hit the Enter key. This will open the Control Panel window on the screen.
- Next, set the “View by” into Category, if it was not already chosen.
- Further, from the available options under the Control Panel window, click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Now, under the Printers and Faxes section of the window, right-click on your Canon device.
- Then, from the menu window, select the “Properties” option.
- After that, verify the device settings of the printer on the printer properties window.
- Next, go to Device Settings and click on Preferences.
- Under the Preferences option, select Services> Clean Printhead.
- After cleaning the printhead once, if you still find that the issue persists, then you need to repeat the process several times to get the printhead clean completely.
After cleaning the printhead completely, check if the issue gets resolved or not. In case, if still, the error arises then try the further method.
Solution 2: Change the Empty Ink Cartridge
If you are getting the warning signs of low ink on the printer control panel. Then, this is one of the reasons for which you are getting a blank page in the form of a result, you print a document. In this case, you need to change the ink cartridge with a full one to get the problem resolved.
Sometimes, due to the clogging nozzle of the cartridges, the wrong error message gets appeared on the Control Panel window. Generally, this problem arises if you are not using your printer for a long time and keep it in an idle condition. If this is the case, then also you need to replace the ink cartridge with a new one to get the Canon printer printing blank pages issue resolved.
Note: It is advised not to keep your printer idle for a longer period. It can result in ink freeze at the tip of the nozzle of the ink cartridge, and thus results in blank pages printing documents.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Ink Cartridges
According to the research, it is found that the improper installation of the ink cartridges to the Canon printer results in an incomplete electrical circuit and thus the printer does not do its job properly and prints blank pages instead. So, it is advised to reinstall the ink cartridges, after taking them out from their slots. At the time, you install the ink cartridges to the printer, you need to be sincere enough that you do the process properly. Every cartridge slot are fixed according to their color code, so check the colors before, and then install them accordingly.
Once you reinstall the ink cartridges successfully, then recheck if the issue gets sorted and that is by printing a document using the Canon printer.
Solution 4: Ensure the Paper Size Settings on Your Canon Printer
In rare cases, it is found that the improper paper size settings on the printer is the reason for the Canon printer printing blank pages issue. So, check the print settings. And then make sure that the correct size of the paper is selected, which you are using on your printer to print the document.
That’s the overall methods to follow to fix the printer printing blank pages issue on Canon efficiently.
Precautions to Avoid Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages Error
There are several precautions which if followed then you can avoid the printer printing blank pages issue. So, check them all:
- Do not Use a Third Party Low-Quality Ink Cartridge: A low-quality ink gets dry quicker in compared to the genuine product of the Canon printer. So, it is advised to always use the genuine ink cartridge on the printer to avoid such an issue.
- Keep Maintaining your Printer at a Certain Period: You should not keep the printer device in idle for a longer time, this can affect the printer health and thus these types of the problem arises.
All these are enough information with the help of which you will be able to fix the Canon printer printing blank pages issue efficiently. Hopefully, you have read this article completely.