If you are a Canon printer user, then the error code 2 140 21 is a common problem for you. It appears in your device with some technical issues. This error arises mainly at the time of setting up a scanner. If you are trying to connect your printer with a wireless router, at that moment, the problem may occur. This annoying issue appears in your system with an error notification saying: “Printer is in use or an error has occurred. Check status. Scanner driver will be closed”.
There are various reasons that might trigger this issue up.
The problem may appear due to some misconfiguration in your scanner settings. Otherwise, the issue may arise because of some problem with the printer cartridges.
So, if you are dealing with such difficulties, then you should go through our guidance. Through this article, we are trying to provide some of the effective solutions that can help you to fix your problem with Canon code 2 140 21.
Easy Fixes for the Canon Printer Error Code 2 140 21
Now, here in this part of the article, we are going to present some of the effective solutions. The solutions, mentioned in this article might help you to resolve the problem with Canon printer error code 2 140 21. So, let us move on to the solution part which is next to you. And learn the procedure that can get you rid of this trouble.
Fix 1: Use the Stop Printing Button
As we mentioned that the problem with Canon code 2 140 21 may happen because of the problem with scanner settings. So, you should try the steps that are written in the following part of the article. And get rid of the problem with your own:
- At first, move your cursor to the bottom of the left side of your computer screen and click on the Start button.
- Thereafter, click on the search bar and type “Control Panel”. Then, click on the option with the same name from the appearing list of results.
- After that, click on the Devices and Printers button and select the Printer option.
- Then, choose the Stop Printing option and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Restore the Factory Default Settings
The problem might be fixed by restoring the factory default settings. If the procedure is unknown to you, then let’s have a look in the upcoming part of the article. Here, are the steps that can help you to restore the factory default settings in your device:
- At first, turn off your Canon printer pressing the Power button of your printer.
- After that, detach all the power cables from your Canon printing device. And let it remain for a few seconds.
- Thereafter, reconnect all of the wires in your printer.
- Then, again press and hold the power or the Resume button of your printer to turn on it. Keep holding the power button until the Attention light turns on.
- Now, release the Resume button and check if the light is blinking or not. The lights will keep blinking during the restore to factory defaults settings is going on.
- After, completing the entire procedure, you should try to print something, to verify if the problem still appears or not.
Fix 3: Disable the Firewall
Here, is another alternative method that might help you to fix your problem with error code 2 140 21. You should disable the firewall from your computer, and check if it helps you to get rid of the problem. To do it, you should follow the steps coming up in the next part of the article:
- At first, go to the lower left corner of your computer screen and click on the Start button.
- After that, click on the search button and type Control Panel. Then, click on the Control Panel option from the appearing list of results.
- Then, choose the System and Security button.
- Thereafter, click on the Windows Firewall or Windows Defender option.
- At the next step, select the Turn Windows Firewall ON or OFF option.
- Now, mark on the Bubble that you can find in front of the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Then, select the OK button. This will help you to save the changes that you have made n the Windows Firewall.
Fix 4: Replace the Canon Printer Cartridge
Sometimes, the problem might be resolved by replacing the cartridges of the Canon printer. The steps which are next to you will help you to change the cartridges:
- At first, you will need to note down the model number of your Canon printer.
- Then, power on the printer and remove the lid or flap which is located near to the cartridges.
- Thereafter, remove the cartridges that you want to replace.
- Now, this is the time to replace the new cartridges. To do it at first, you need to shake the new cartridges.
- After that, remove the protector from the ink dispenser.
- Then, insert the new cartridges in your Canon printer.
- Now, check if the error notification 2 140 21 still appears in your system or not.
Fix 5: Restore the Printer Driver
If none of the steps from the above part of the article did help you to fix your problem. Then, you should try to restore the printer driver. The following steps will help you to do so:
- At first, move on to the bottom of the left corner of your computer screen and click on the Start button.
- Then, click on the All Programs option and select the Recovery Manager option. Then, again click on the Recovery Manager button.
- Thereafter, move your cursor under the “I need help immediately” section and click on the Hardware Driver Reinstallation option.
- After that, click on the Next button and choose a driver that you want to Reinstall. Then, click on the Next button. And finish your task to restore the printer driver.
Wrapping it up
Through this article, we have tried to provide all the possible solutions that can help you to get rid off the problem with Canon code 2 140 21. Try the methods that we have described in the entire part of the article, and fix the problem. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, then you can comment us down in the comment section.