To utilize the unique features of Canon Pixma Pro 100 wirelessly, it is necessary to connect the printer with a WiFi connection. Besides, to start the wireless setup, one needs to know their SSID.
How to Perform a Wireless Setup on Canon Pro 100?
Before moving to the actual canon pro 100 wireless setup process, make sure to unpack the printer and check its components individually. Remove the printer from the protective bags and strip off all the tapes from it. Once done, move on to the steps mentioned below in sequence. Keep in mind that you will be needing a USB cable for a successful connection.
Step 1:Install Ink Tanks
Open the printer and wait for some time so that the print head carriage comes to its place. Once it does, unwrap the new print head and remove the orange caps from it. Install the print head within the machine carefully.
Get rid of the orange capsules and packaging of the ink tanks. Now, insert it in the printer one by one.
WPS Connection Method
Now, before starting the WPS connection method, you need to make sure that the access point has a WPS push button. However, if the WPS button does not exist, follow the Standard USB connection method for setup. Apart from that, the network should use WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Turn On your Printer. Press and hold the WiFi button at the front of the printer for a few seconds.
- In doing so, the button will start flashing blue light. Go to the access point and press WPS within 2 minutes.
- All this time, the WiFi lamp will keep flashing and search for the access point to connect with it. Once the printer gets connected with the wireless network successfully, the blue light will stop flashing.
Network Settings Confirmation
To verify if the printer is connected with the WiFi correctly or not, print the network settings of your printer. Here is how you can do so.
- Firstly, your printer should be on.
- Insert an A4 size paper within the paper tray.
- Press and hold the “Resume/Cancel” button till the power lamp flashes six times. Release it, once it does. This must print the network information page.
While referring to the printout, see if the Connection is Active. Additionally, the displayed SSID should be similar to your SSID.
Standard USB Connection Method
To perform a Canon Pixma Pro 100 wireless setup through a standard USB connection, follow the steps cited below sequentially.
- Insert the CD ROM within the CD Drive and then run the setup.
- However, if it does not autorun, reinsert the CD-ROM and then click on My Computer.
- Choose the CD-ROM and double click on MSETUP4.EXE.
Note: If you do not have an installation CD at all, make sure to visit the official website of the manufacturer and download the necessary software from there.
Click on Next, once the initial screen displays. If prompted to choose between USB or Network connection, make sure to choose Network Connection.
Now, select Wireless Connection as the Connection method. Check if both printer and power lamp is on and then click on Next.
After that, click on “Connect to Network” and then “Wireless Setup Using USB Cable”. A window will appear, asking you to choose the region. Select your region and then click on Next.
When asked for language, select your language and then click on Next. Choose the software that you want to install from the list and then click on Next again.
Click on Yes, once the license agreement screen appears. Now for installation, “Please Allow All Install Wizard Processes” window will appear. Click on Next.
Now, a “Set Up New Printer” window will appear on your screen, click on Next. Once the Connect Cable window displays, connect your printer with the computer through a USB cable. Wait for some time, so that the printer can get detected.
After successful detection, you will see a confirmation screen. Moreover, the name of your access point will be displayed too. Click on Yes.
Disconnect the USB cable connected to the printer and then click on Next. The screen will show the printer model and SSID of your wireless Network.
Click on Complete and then OK to conclude the Wireless setup successfully.