The Canon Pixma MX452 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer comes with versatile functionalities, gives high-quality prints and is easy to use for your office or home.
However, to utilize its unique features like WiFi scanning and Airprint, you need to first set it up. And if you do not know how to do that correctly, follow this guide for complete guidance on Canon MX452 wireless setup.
How to Setup Canon MX452 Printer on a Wireless Network
In this segment, we will be discussing the setup process for the Canon MX452 printer on a Wireless network.
Set Up a Connection for Canon MX452 Printer on a Wireless Network
Before connecting it, note down the SSID (Wireless network name) and password key. There can be two ways in which you can set up the Canon MX452 printer on a wireless network.
Setting up Canon MX452 using the Standard Connection
- Plugin the power cord to the Power supply and then turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press the Setup button.
- Use the arrow buttons to choose Device Settings and then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings and then press the OK button.
- After that, choose Wireless LAN setup and then press the OK button. Now the Wi-Fi lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- If the WPS option appears, press the STOP button.
- Select Standard Setup and then press the OK button. Now the printer will look for the wireless network (SSID).
- Select it and then press the OK button. After that, put the password and then press the OK button. Wait for a few seconds to connect. Now the setup connection is completed.
Setting up Canon MX452 Printer Using the WPS Button
- Navigate to the above process of Standard connection and follow the first five steps.
- Use the arrow buttons to select WPS and then press the OK button.
- Choose the Push button method and then press the OK button.
- Now, press and hold down the WPS button from the access point.
- After a few seconds, press the OK button from the printer. Now the printer will search the access point and connect it automatically.
- If it is successfully connected, you’ll see a Connected message displaying on the screen. Press the OK button.
- Now install the Canon printer driver on the device.
Download or Install the Canon Printer Driver
After performing the setup, you have to download or install the requisite drivers on your PC.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD port of the computer. If you do not have an installation CD then download the printer driver from the official website of the Canon printer.
- Click on Install driver and then follow the on-screen directions until the Choose Connection Type screen appears.
- Select ‘Wireless Connection’ and then click on the Next button. After that, follow the instructions appearing on the screen to finish the installation process.
- Once the installation process is complete, try to print.