Canon MG3600 is an all-in-one printer that allows the users to connect wirelessly. If you have purchased a brand new Canon MG3600 printer for your small business or personal usage, then the first thing that you need to do is to set up your Canon printer to make it work smoothly.
Hence, it is essential to know the overall process of the Canon MG3600 wireless setup.
How to Setup Canon MG3600 Printer?
Here you will know some effective tricks through which you can easily perform the Canon MG3600 setup process.
First, you have to unbox the device carefully. Take out all the required accessories and put the printer on a table. Afterward, collect all the wire that comes with the device and connect them with their appropriate port.
Using the automatic Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS button, you can perform the setup process easily. It allows the computer and printer to connect with each other to the network without using any password.
You can have a look at the methods described below:
Procedure 1: WPS Connection Method
It is the easiest method to set up the Canon MG3600 printer if the access point that you are using has a WPS button. You can perform this by following the steps mentioned below:
- In the beginning, you have to make sure that the WPS button of your broadcast router is accessible and the Canon MG3600 printer is turned On.
- Afterward, press the Wi-Fi button of the printer and hold it for a few seconds until the ON indicator started to flash.
- Now, press the Wi-Fi button after pressing the Black button.
- Next, confirm that the Wi-Fi light flashes quickly and the ON indicator is lit.
- Press the WPS button on the router and hold it for a few seconds.
- Now, the printer will start to search for the available network. At this time, you will see that the blue Wi-Fi indicator of the printer started to flash continuously. After a few seconds, you will see both the Wi-Fi and Power indicator is flashing.
- Once your printer successfully connects with the wireless router, both the Wi-Fi and Power indicator will stop flashing and they remain lit.
- Lastly, confirm that the On indicator and Wi-Fi indicator are lit.
Now, you have successfully set up the network connection. But, if you see that the device is still not connected, you can perform the next method explained below.
Procedure 2: Standard Connection Method
If your wireless router doesn’t have the WPS feature, you can follow the below steps for the Canon MG3600 setup on the broadcast network.
First of all, tap on the ‘Start Setup’ option from the initial startup screen. Now, the software will start to check if the driver needs to update. If required, it will start to download that by itself and wait for a couple of minutes.
Next, choose your country, region, and tap on the Next button to proceed further. Read the license agreement properly and tap on the Yes button to accept the terms and conditions.
If you wish to take part in the Extended Survey program, tap on the Agree button, else click on the ‘Do not agree’ option.
Afterward, allow all the ‘Install Wizard Process’ by clicking on the Next button. Choose the ‘Wireless LAN Connection’ option and then click on the Next button to continue. Next, select the ‘Connect via wireless router’ option and click Next.
Now, confirm that the printer is turned on and click on the Next button to continue. Choose the ‘Settings printer could not be found on the list’ option and click on the Next button.
Step 5 :
As a result, it will open the setup guide of the Canon MG3600 printer. Follow the on-screen guidance carefully. Wait for at least 2-3 minutes while the setup discovers your printer device.
Once the setup process is completed, tap on the Next button to complete this process. Lastly, tap on the Exit button.
After performing the above steps, you can successfully complete Canon MG3600 setup.