The scanning/printing ventures often fail if you try it with a troublesome printer, with problems in its drivers. Canon printer driver recognition issue is one of the common but very annoying problems to the users. When you try to scan the import documents, then you may get stuck with the unexpected error message, “Canon Printer Driver is Unavailable”. Therefore, the performance of the printer starts to degrade gradually and finally it stops responding. However, you can go for a hassle-free fix of this error from this article and follow the effective ways discussed below:
Vital Issues behind the Canon Printer Driver Error
Lots of issues are responsible for creating the Canon Printer driver error very often. Let’s know the significant issues for the Canon printer driver problem:
- Outdated Printer driver causes the Canon Printer is an unavailable problem.
- Incorrect installation is one of the responsible reasons behind this annoying issue.
- The Canon printer driver unavailability may occur due to device OS incompatibility problem. If the version of the Canon printer driver is not exactly the same as the System Operating System, then it appears.
- Incorrect Registry files is another problem for making the Canon printer driver recognition issue.
- Many a time, you might see that the malware corrupt the system files which affects the overall performance of the Canon printer.
Resolve “Canon Printer Driver is Unavailable” Problem with Easy Solutions
Some of the simple ways can resolve the Canon printer driver is unavailable problem effortlessly. Here, we are going to talk about some of the simple methods that can mitigate the error very fast:
Process 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver
Removing the Canon printer driver and replacing it with the latest version is an easy method to resolve the Printer driver issue:
- First, press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “devicemgmt.msc” in the search box. Now, hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Here, we can see a list of the available devices and drivers along with the details.
- After that, locate the Printer driver and other associated files in this list. Right-click on them individually.
- Choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu which you can see on the screen.
- Now, confirm the uninstallation process by tapping on the YES button from the resultant dialog box.
- The driver removal program will start automatically after getting a confirmation. When done, close the window.
- After rebooting the System in Normal Mode, connect your device to the internet.
- Next, open the browser window by tapping on its icon and go to the Canon Official website.
- Then, download the newest version of the Canon Printer driver and save the downloaded folder on your desktop.
- Locate the executable file from this folder and run it by double-tapping on it.
- Once the installation is completed, you can see a successful message, “The Driver is installed successfully”.
- Finally, try to take a hard copy by using the Canon printer and verify whether the Canon printer driver is unavailable issue got fixed or not.
Process 2: Upgrade the Printer Driver
You can fix the Canon Printer driver is unavailable issue quickly by updating the Printer driver manually from Canon official website:
- Type “device mgmt.msc” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, click on the Canon Printer driver from the list of hardware devices and right-click on it.
- Select Update Driver from the pop-up appeared on the same window.
- Click on the option says, “Update the driver Automatically” from the next window and tao on the Next button.
- It will start to perform the driver upgrade program and take a few minutes to complete.
- Once done, hit the Finish button and close the window.
- Finally, go to the Device Manager window and verify whether the driver is shown in the list.
Process 3: Update the Version of your Windows
You can overcome the driver incompatibility issue by installing the Windows with the latest version. It is a generic method to update the printer driver automatically:
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu appeared on the screen. Tap on the Settings app from that list.
- Click on the System & Security option from the window and open it.
- In the resultant window, click on the Windows Update option from the left side of the window.
- Next, go to System Update section and hit the Check for Updates button and it will start to upgrade the system, if any of the latest version is available.
- Wait until the Window update process is done and when done, try to reboot the Windows in Normal Mode. Now, power on the Canon printer and verify whether it is recognized by the system or not.
Process 4: Scan for Malware if Any
The malware scanning process is very useful to avoid the “Canon Printer driver is unavailable” difficulty very carefully:
- Download a security software from a trustworthy website and install it on your device successfully. Make sure that the software is updated and compatible with the Windows OS.
- Now, click on its icon and launch the software successfully on the desktop.
- Click on the Scan tab or tap on the Scan for Virus option fro the antivirus window.
- Then, choose the Scan type as per your convenience (Quick Scan or Full Scan) confirm it by tapping on the “Y” key from the keyboard or clicking on the YES button.
- Next, it will start to run and identify the virus infected files from the system.
- After that, click on the disinfect button and repair those corrupted files and documents. It can delete the files if necessary.
- Finally, close the window and try to scan multiple documents and verify the same error still occurs or not.
Process 5: Correct the Windows Registry with Automatic Repair System
By enabling the Automatic Repair System with correct registry editor modification, you can fix the Canon Printer driver problem completely:
- First, open the Setting window by tapping on the Settings option from the Start menu.
- After that, tap on the General tab from that window and go to the Advanced Setup panel.
- Press the Restart button and go to the next window.
- After that, you can see a window that says, “Choose an Option” and select the Troubleshoot as Startup Options.
- Now, choose Automated Repair option from the Advanced Options screen. Click on the account from the same window while the window prompts.
- Once done, try to reboot the system after finishing the Automatic repairing process.
- Finally, connect the Canon printer to the device and try to scan to verify whether the driver issue still persists or not.
Wrapping It Up
You can resolve all the Printer driver issue very efficiently if you follow this article thoroughly. Moreover, it helps to overcome the “Canon Printer driver is Unavailable” as a major problem very quickly. Here, we have also highlighted the significant errors that are responsible for this critical error. So, we hope the reasons will be very helpful to troubleshoot the annoying issue with a good idea of the error and its causes. Besides this, the effective solution would definitely help you a lot to avoid this issue very efficiently.