Canon printers are commonly known for their superior performance and excellent features. However, while using the Canon printers you may often come across certain issues associated with it. The Canon B200 error is one such common printhead problem that you can get to see. Therefore, if you are facing the same problem and want to get the Canon printer error code resolved, then follow this article till the end.
In this article, you will get to use the steps that will help you to resolve the Canon printer error code. Moreover, you will also learn the causes of this Canon printer error code. Hence, you can now have a look at the rest of the section below.
General Causes of the Canon B200 error
Get to know some of the common causes of this Canon printer issue below:
- An issue with the Printhead can cause this error code.
- If the Canon printer drivers are out of date, then also you can get to see this error code.
- Using an insufficient ink cartridge can also lead to this Canon B200 error.
- If there is a paper jam in the Canon printer, then also you can face this issue.
- Canon printer driver corruption also leads to the Canon printer issue.
- Some of the overheating issues in the Canon printer can also make the error code pop up on your system’s screen.
Hence, these are some of the causes that can easily lead to the Canon printer error code to occur. For getting the methods to fix the issue, you can move forward to the next section of the article below.
Get the Methods to Troubleshoot the Canon Printer Error B200
In this section, you will get the best methods in order to fix the Canon printer error code. Mostly, Canon printers are available in two different types. Canon printers have 4+ and 2 cartridges category respectively. However, we are going to discuss the fixing steps for both categories. Hence, you can have a look at the methods that are given below:
Method 1: Fixing the Error code for a 4+ Cartridge Canon Printers
If you have a 4+ Cartridge Canon printer, then this section is for you. Hence, you can now follow the steps up that we have listed below:
- In the first step, you have to open the lid cover of your Canon printer. As you do this, the cartridge cradle will automatically lift up.
- Now, you have to take out all the available cartridges there.
- The next step is to remove the printhead by lifting the lever beside the cartridge cradle.
- After that, you have to clean the cartridges and the printhead with a clean soft cloth.
- Now, you have to reinsert the printhead back in its position and then lock the lever.
- In the next step, you have to reinsert the cartridges in their correct position. Now you have to close all the doors by closing the cover lid of the Canon printer.
- After that, you have to unplug the Canon printer from the power outlet. Wait for about 5 minutes and then replug the Canon printer.
- Now, power the Canon printer on and then check if the Canon B200 error code is there or not.
Therefore, these are the steps that you can follow in order to get rid of the Canon printer error code. In case you have a 2 cartridge Canon printer, then you can proceed to the next section of the article below.
Method 2: Resolving the Error Code for a 2 Cartridge Canon printer
Follow up the steps in you are owning the 2 Cartridge Canon printer and want to resolve the error code. Therefore, the steps to perform are discussed as follows:
- First of all, you have to turn off the Canon printer and then you remove the printer cover lid.
- In a 2 cartridge Canon printer, the printer’s printhead is a part of the cartridge. Therefore, you have to carefully remove the printhead and the cartridge at the same time.
- Now, you have to replace the cartridge with a new one.
- As this is 2 cartridge Canon printer, replacing either one or both the cartridges with a now one can work for you.
- After that, you have to perform an extensive nozzle check or a cleaning cycle of the cartridges.
- Reinsert the printhead and the cartridges at the same time in the section of the Canon printer.
- Here you have to close the Canon printer cover lid and reboot the Canon printer.
- Now check if the still the Canon B200 error persists or not.
So this is how you can resolve the Canon printer error code for your 2 cartridges Canon printer. However, for other fixing methods you can have a look at the next part of the article below.
Method 3: Update the Canon printer driver
An out of date Canon printer driver is the root to many such issues and error codes. Hence, you have to update the Canon printer driver to its latest version. The steps of the process are discussed below:
- On your Windows system, open the Device Manager from the Start menu.
- As the Device Manager window opens, you have to search for the Canon printer driver.
- On finding the Canon printer driver, you have to right-click on it.
- Now, you have to click on the Update driver software option.
- Inside the Software driver update window, you have to click on the first option.
- Now, wait for the process to finish and then restart the system and the Canon printer.
- When both the devices reboot, you have to check for the Canon B200 error code.
If in case the Canon error code resolves then you are good to go. However, if the Canon printer issue persists, then try to follow other methods below.
Method 4: Set the Canon printer as your Default Printer
If you have not set the Canon printer as the default printer then set it before it’s too late. Most of the Canon Printer issues are resolved when you set it as the default printer for your system. Hence, the steps to do this are listed as follows:
- Open the Run box by using the Windows logo key and the R key from the keyboard.
- As the Run box opens, you have to type shell:PrintersFolder and then click on the OK button.
- In the next step, you have to find and right-click on the Canon printer name.
- After that, you have to click on the Properties option.
- Once the Canon printer Properties window opens, you have to click on the Set as Default printer option.
- After that, you have to disable the Let Windows manage my default printer option.
- Next, click on the Apply button to apply the changes and then click on the OK button.
- Finally, you have to check if you still get to face the Canon B200 error code.
We hope that, after setting the Canon printer as the default driver, you are able to fix the printer error code. However, if the Canon printer error code still persists, then avail the next fixing method below.
Method 5: Reinstall the Canon printer driver
If the corrupt Canon printer drivers are causing this error code then you can reinstall the clean Canon printer drivers. Hence, in order to perform the steps, you can take a look at the points that are given below:
- Again, you have to open the Device Manager from the Start menu.
- As the Device Manager window opens, you have to again right-click on the corrupt Canon printer driver. This will be indicated as a yellow exclamation on it.
- Once you right-click on it, you have to click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, you have to confirm the action by clicking on the Yes option.
- After that, you have to follow all the on-screen commands in order to complete the Canon printer driver uninstallation process.
- Once the Canon printer driver is uninstalled, you have to reboot both the system and the Canon printer.
- As both the devices restart, you have to download the latest version of the Canon printer driver from its official website.
- As the Canon printer driver downloads, you have to install it.
- Once all the processes are done, you have to check if the Canon B200 error code is resolved or not.
So, these are steps that will help you to reinstall the Canon printer driver. And they will certainly help you to resolve the printer error code. Thus, we hope that now you are able to fix the Canon printer error code on your own.
Ending this article, we are here to say that these are the methods that will definitely help you to resolve the Canon B200 error code. Therefore, follow all the steps in order to get the bets possible fixing results. Also, you will not face any other issues while carrying out the steps of the method. For any further information, you can get back to us through the comments section below this article.