Canon mp499 wireless all in one printer is the most compact and stylishly designed machine with an innovative feature that helps to print and scan effortlessly.
To run a Canon mp499 printer, one needs to connect it to the WiFi, as it becomes impossible for the machine to run if it is not connected properly.
Connecting the Canon MP499 to WiFi
Now before beginning with the setup, one needs to know their SSID. Also, the access point must have a WPS push button. If the WPS button is not present, it is advised to follow the standard connection method. The network used by you should be using WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
Unpack the printer and check all the components individually. Take out all the plastics and tapes from the printer and then install the cartridges.
Besides, the printer should be turned on and the power cord should be connected with the power supply outlet. To know whether the Power is On or not, you can check the LED light on the printer. If it lights up, then the printer is on.
Method 1: WPS Connection
After turning on the printer, Press and hold the Maintenance button for about 5 seconds. The LED should flash as well.
Press the “Fit to a Page” button and ensure that the LED keeps flashing. Press the WPS button quickly within 2 minutes. Now, while exploring or connecting to the access point, the Wi-Fi lamp will start flashing.
After a successful wireless connection, the LED will light up for around 3 seconds and will change to 1. The blue WiFi lamp should be lit during this time.
Probable Errors During the Setup
If any error appears on the LED screen, press the black or color button to cancel the error. And then repeat the steps mentioned above again. Some of the errors that may appear are listed below
Normally, this error occurs when the wireless connection setup is not achieved within the 2 minutes after pushing the WPS button. To solve it, check if the access point is on or not. If it is not then making sure to turn it on. If it is on, then just turn it off and turn it on again.
These errors display when more than one access point is identified. If such is the case, then wait for some time and then start the configuration of WPS settings again. However, if more than one access point is present, press the WPS button for one access point only.
Network Settings Confirmation
To check whether the printer is connected to the WiFi correctly or not, try printing the network settings of your printer. Here is how you do that.
- Ensure that the printer is on.
- Insert an A4 size paper or Letter-sized plain paper within the printer paper tray.
- Press the Maintenance button several times unless the LED shows a figure like n.
After that, press the Colour or Black button. When looking at the printout, you should verify that the Link status is indicating active or not. Also, check whether the specified SSID (Service Set Identifier) is correct or not.
Method 2: Standard USB Connection
First of all, make sure to insert the CD that came with the printer into the CD drive and then start the setup process. However, if the CD does not run itself, click on “My Computer” and then double-click on “MSETUP4.EXE”.
- Once the initial screen displays, click on Next. Choose the “Wireless connection” as the connection method. Make sure that the printer is on and then click on Next.
- Now, click on “Connect to the Network” and then press and hold the maintenance button for around 5 seconds on your printer. Click on Next.
- When the ‘Wireless setup using the cable’ screen appears, click on it. Now, select your region once prompted and then click Next.
- Select your language when prompted and then click on Next again. You will see a software installation list. Choose the software that you want to install and then click on Next again.
- Click on Yes to agree with the license agreement. And then click on Next once the ‘set up new printer’ window appears.
- Connect your printer with a USB cable. As soon as your printer gets detected, a confirmation window will appear. Apart from that, the name of your access point will also appear. Click on Yes. However, if the access point name is not yours, then click on No.
- Disconnect the USB cable that was connected to your printer and then click on Next.
- Now you will see your printer model and SSID of your wireless network within the window. Click on Complete and then on Ok.
The setup of Canon mp499 should be now accomplished successfully.
Restore Network Settings to Factory Default
You can follow this section if you want to reset your network settings to the factory default. Let’s take an example of a situation where you want to change your access point.
It should be kept in mind that the reset will delete all the network settings of the printer and as a result scanning or printing will not be possible until the network settings of the printer is reconfigured.
- Firstly, press the maintenance button multiple times until the LED displays a figure.
- Once it does, press the Color button and then the Black button
- This will initialize the network settings. Furthermore, the network settings will be reset to factory default settings successfully.
This was the complete guide following which, one should be able to connect their Canon mp499 to WiFi easily. For more information, follow our blog.