Canon SELPHY CP1300 is an all-in-one compact photo printer. It helps to print any borderless or bordered photo. If you want Wi-Fi photo printing, then this printer is appropriate for you. This printer is perfect for printing from smart devices, cameras, etc.
With the help of a portable printer, you can directly print from cameras, smartphones. You can even print from a memory card. With the help of the Canon Print app, you can print from your mobile devices easily. It offers Apple AirPrint and that helps you in printing from your Mac devices.
This printer can be connected using both wired and wireless connections. It has photo-booth strips and the ID prints option and helps you to develop and share distinctive images. But at first, you need to know how to set up the Canon portable printer. To know the setup process, you need to go through the steps mentioned below.
Canon Portable Printer Setup
Here are the steps that you need to follow to set up the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- First, open the package to remove the packing materials. After that, place the printer on a clean surface.
- Then, remove the other components such as the compact power adapter, the Starter guide, etc.
- Now, move to the right side of this printer to open the ink access door and install the ink cartridge.
- The access door needs to be closed next and then load paper into the paper input tray.
- Then, place the input tray into its slot correctly. Connect one end of the power cord to the power supply and the other end into the printer’s port.
- Finally, turn on the printer and then download the driver.
Connect Canon Selphy CP1300 to Wi-Fi
If you want to connect the Canon Selphy CP1300 to the WiFi, then perform the following steps properly.
- Initially, you need to tap on the power button to turn on the printer.
- After that, navigate to the printer’s Control Panel and then press the Wi-Fi Settings icon.
- Now, click on the OK option.
- Thereafter, head over to the Wi-Fi Settings and then tap on the OK button.
- Select the Wi-Fi network followed by your network name.
- Then, type in the Wi-Fi password.
- Now, navigate to the Printers and Scanners menu and select the Add Device option.
- Check whether you added the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer to the list or not.
- For the necessary changes to take effect, click on the OK option.
- You need to set this printer as a default printer and now you will be able to print photos from your computer.
Hopefully, applying the above steps appropriately will help you to set up the Canon portable printer without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions and their answers are given below for quick reference.
How do you print from your Mac to your Canon Selphy?
Ans: With the help of the Airprint, you can print from your macOS devices to the Canon Selphy CP1300. To do that, follow the steps mentioned hereunder.
- First, navigate to the Print option and then select the images option to print with the application.
- Press the Share button.
- Go over to the menu option and press the Print option.
- Select the Canon Selphy CP1300 and you next specify the number of the copies.
- Finally, press the Print button.
How do you load Selphy paper?
Ans: If you want to load the Selphy paper, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Initially, remove the paper cassette and then open both the covers on the paper cassette.
- After that, load the paper into the cassette and close the inner cover.
- In the end, reinstall the paper cassette into the paper.
How do you use the Canon Selphy printer on an iPhone?
Ans: Here are the steps that you need to follow to use the Canon Selphy printer on an iPhone.
- First, check your iOS version and also the environment on your smartphone.
- Then, go to the App Store to download and install the Canon Print Inkjet or SELPHY app.
- Now, you need to connect SELPHY with your smartphone.
- Finally, print images on your smartphone with the help of SELPHY.