The Canon Pixma MX920 printer is a Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Photo printer that gives excellent quality prints with a great wireless capability for use in both office and home. But before starting to use it, you need to set it up properly.
Here, we have provided the steps and procedures for a correct Canon Pixma MX920 setup.
Canon Pixma MX920 Printer Setup Process
Canon Pixma mx920 wireless setup involves setting up the connection and then installing the software.
Step 1 – Connect the Canon Pixma MX920 Printer to a Wireless Network
Here are three ways you can connect the Canon printer to a wireless network.
Before setting up the Canon Pixma MX920 printer, you need to connect the power cord to the power supply and turn on the printer. After that, note down the SSID and password key on a paper.
Setting up the Canon Pixma MX920 Printer Using the Standard setup
- Press the Menu button from the Canon printer.
- Using the arrow buttons, select the WLAN setup icon and then press the OK button.
- Select Standard Setup and then press the OK button.
- Now, the printer will search for the router (access point). Select the Wireless network and then press the OK button.
- Put the network password key and then press the OK button. Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, press the COPY button from the printer.
Setting up the Canon Pixma MX920 Printer Using the WPS Button
- Go to the Standard Setup section and follow the first two steps.
- Select the WPS option and then press the OK button.
- After that, select the Push button method and then press the OK button.
- On the next page, read the message and then press the OK button.
- Press and hold the WPS button from the access point.
- Afterward, press the OK button from the printer within a few minutes.
- Now you’ll find that the ‘Connected to the access point’ message will appear on the screen. Press the OK button. After that, press the COPY button.
Setting Up Canon Pixma MX920 Printer Using Advanced setup
- Navigate to the Standard Setup section and follow the first two steps.
- Select ‘Other Setup’ and then press the OK button.
- After that, select the Advanced Setup and then press the OK button.
- Choose the access point and then press the OK button.
- Choose the security protocol utilized by the router (access point) and then press the OK button.
Step 2 – Download and Install the Printer Driver
- Insert the installer disc into the computer. If you do not have an installer disc then download the driver from the official website of the Canon printer.
- Double-click on the installer file and then click on the Next option. After that, follow the directions which pop-ups on the screen.
- After that, the Connection Type Method window will display on the screen. Select Wireless Connection and then click on the Next option. After that, follow the directions that appear on the screen to finish the installation process.
- After completing the installation process, try to print and check if the Canon MX920 printer works properly or not.