Canon MG7120 is a prominent Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer that is meticulously designed to deliver high-quality photo printing. However, for the canon mg7120 setup one needs to connect it with WiFi.
How to Perform Canon Pixma MG7120 Wireless Setup?
For a successful Canon Pixma MG7120 wireless setup, one needs to ensure that the printer power is on and the white power lamp light is lit. The system and the printer should be connected to the same access point.
Step 1: Printer Setup
Firstly, we will be discussing the printer setup of Canon Pixma MG7120.
- Touch the Home button if the Home button on the printer is lit.
- Flick the screen left/right to select the WLAN icon. Tap on it after locating.
- Again, tap on the Wireless LAN setup.
- As soon as the wireless connection gets enabled, the blue WiFi lamp will light up.
Step 2: Driver and Software Installation
To perform software installation, you should be logged in as an administrator and end all applications running in the background before performing the installation.
Begin the setup process by inserting the Setup CD-ROM into the system. Doing so will start the setup process automatically. However, if for some reason you do not have the Setup CD ROM, make sure to download the software from the manufacturer’s website.
As soon as the User Account Control window appears, click on Yes/Continue. Click Next, once the initial screen displays.
Step 3: Select Setup Procedure (Wireless Setup)
For the setup process, there are options available. You can either perform the Wireless setup through a Push button, Standard setup or WPS.
Push Button Method (Through WPS)
- Tap Start setup on the printer. Next, press and hold the WPS button on the access point.
- Now, tap the OK button on the printer immediately (within 2 minutes). The blue-colored WiFi lamp of the printer will start flashing and search for or connect to the access point.
- Tap Ok, once the “Connected to the access point” window appears. This will complete the setup process through the WPS push-button.
- Tap Standard setup and then your access point name.
- Once prompted to enter the WEP key or Passphrase, tap the screen and type your network password correctly. It should be kept in mind that the password characters are case-sensitive and hence it should be typed carefully. Tap Apply after entering the password.
- Ensure that the entered password is correct and then tap Ok.
- If the “Connected to the access point” windows appears, tap Ok.
- This will fulfill the network connection through the Standard method successfully.
This was the complete Canon Pixma MG7120 wireless setup process, following which you should be able to connect it through WiFi successfully. For further information, you can follow our blog.