Canon Pixma MG5650 is a versatile printer that helps to connect, copy, print, and scan anything in high-quality. It also involves a Wireless LAN PictBridge feature that helps to print your favorite photos directly from wireless cameras.
Here is a proper guide for the Canon Pixma MG5650 printer setup.
How to Setup Canon Pixma MG5650 Printer on a Wireless Network
The setup process of the Canon Pixma MG5650 printer on a wireless network involves some steps and procedures. And, we have explained each of the steps in detail below.
Step 1 – Configure the Components
At first, you need to configure the printer components. The following steps will help you:
- Remove all the packages from the printer.
- Remove the orange tape from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Connect the power cord to connect the printer to the power supply outlet and then press the ON button.
- Insert the ink cartridges properly into the printer.
- Load paper into the input paper tray.
Step 2 – Set Up the Canon Pixma MG5650 Printer to the Wireless Network
Before setting up the connection, you need to note down the SSID or Wireless Network name and password.
There are two ways to connect the Canon Pixma MG5650 printer to the wireless network.
Using the WPS Button
If you want to use the WPS button then follow the directions below:
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Press the Home button from the printer.
- Use the arrow buttons to select WLAN and then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN Setup and then press the OK button. Now the Wifi lamp will flash when the wireless connection is enabled.
- Now the printer will search for nearby the wireless routers (access point). Press the WPS button from the router(Access point).
- Press the OK button from the printer. Now the printer should connect to the wireless router. After that, press the OK button to confirm. Now the printer is ready to be installed on your computer.
Using the Standard Connection Method
If the WPS button is not available on the router then you can try to connect the Canon Pixma MG5650 printer using the standard connection method. Perform the steps cited below:
- Press the Home button and select WLAN by using the arrow buttons and then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN Setup and then press the OK button. The Wifi light will flash when the wireless connection is enabled.
- When the WPS button message appears on the screen, press the Stop/Reset button from the printer.
- Now the Wireless LAN Setup page will display. Select ‘Standard Setup’ and then press the OK button to begin the process.
- Now the printer will search the wireless network. Select the wireless network name (SSID) and then press the OK button. If the SSID is not showing then put it manually.
- After that, enter the Password key and select Done by using the left arrow button.
- Then press the left arrow button to select ‘End setup.’ Once the Connected message will display on the screen, press the OK button. Now the printer will be connected to the wireless network and you’ll be ready to install the driver on your device.
Step 3 – Download and Install the Canon Pixma MG5650 Printer Software
After connecting to the wireless network, you can install the driver on your device. Go through these steps:
- Insert the Setup CD-ROM into the disk port of the printer. If you do not have a CD then download the driver from the official website of the printer.
- Double-click on the setup file and then follow the directions appearing on the screen until ‘Select the printer connection method’ appears.
- Select Wireless LAN Connection and then click on the Next option. Make sure that the printer is switched on and then click on the Next option. Now the software will search for the printer that is already connected to the network.
- If the printer is connected to the network, select it from the list and then click on the Next option to continue with the software installation.
- Once the driver software is installed, click on the Exit option and then try to print any document to check if the Canon Pixma MG5650 printer works correctly or not.