To use the Canon MX890 printer, one needs to connect it with the WiFi so that it can perform easy printing and scanning from any place within your home. Home or office, Canon mx890 is an excellent device for delivering outstanding speed and quality. Now, canon mx890 wireless setup includes a few easy steps.
How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer mx890?
Unpack all the materials and check the components within the packaging thoroughly. Remove the tapes and thin filling with which the materials are covered. One should know all the WiFi details like SSID or Network Key.
If you do not know them, make sure to check the label drafted at the back of the router. Get rid of the orange coverings from the ink cartridges and install them one by one within the machine. Wait for a few moments, until it lights up.
Connect the power cord to the power supply outlet and then turn on the printer through the power button. If you see that the power button has turned green, it indicates that the printer is turned on.
WPS Connection Method
To execute the WPS connection method, the access point should have a physical WPS button. However, if it does not have the WPS button, it is recommended to use the Standard Connection Method.
Apart from that, the network used by you should be utilizing a WPA or WPA2 security protocol. This is because maximum WPS enabled access points to make use of this protocol.
- First of all, press the Menu button on the printer and then use the arrow buttons to move to the Wireless LAN setup or WLAN setup icon. Once done, press the OK button.
- If the wireless connection gets enabled, the blue lighted WiFi lamp will light up. After that, the printer will search for access points that support the WPS feature.
- Once a Windows confirming the “WPS compatible access point detection” appears, press and hold the WPS button within the access points for about 5 seconds. After that, release it. For more detailed instructions, refer to the user guide that came with the printer.
- Now, press the OK button located on the printer quickly (within 2 minutes) as soon as the WiFi printer lamp flashes looking for or connecting to the access point.
- Once the “Connected to the Access Point” window emerges, press the OK button. This will successfully complete the setup process.
Standard Connection Method
Follow this method if you do not have the inbuilt WPS button within your router.
- Firstly, press the Menu button on the printer and then use the arrows to move to the Wireless LAN setup or WLAN setup icon. Once done, press the OK button.
- The blue-colored WiFi lamp will light up indicating that your wireless connection is enabled.
- As soon as a window displaying “WPS compatible access point detected” appears, press the Stop or Reset button.
- Choose Standard Setup, from the list of wireless LAN setup. This will make the printer look for all the wireless networks available.
- Also, use the arrows buttons to highlight and choose your SSID and then press Ok to select it.
- The SSID of your wireless network is always visible on the printed label at the back of your access point. Check it from there.
- On the other hand, if you are not able to see the listed network, then press the left function button (Search Again).
- According to your security method, you will be asked to enter either WEP key or WPA/WPA 2. Press Ok.
- Type the network password (WEP Key or Passphrase) correctly. As it is completely cased sensitive and typing it wrong will not let you move further.
- To enter the password, make use of the on-screen keyboards. Press the function button situated on the center so that you can switch to keyboards supporting the characters used by you.
- You will be able to see around three types of keyboards viz upper case alphabetical, lower case alphabetical and numeric or symbolic keyboards.
- Use the arrow keys to enter the characters from the keyboard and then press Ok to successfully enter it.
- The characters entered by you should be displayed on the upper section of the on-screen keyboard.
- However, if you want to eliminate a character, press the right function button (Del character). Type the complete password through the arrows consecutively.
- Make use of the Left function button for selecting Done after entering the password. It is important to keep your network password correct. Press [Ok] to edit and get rid of any mistakes made within the entered password.
- Now, press the End setup or Left Function button for establishing a network connection. Once the “connected to the access point window” displays, press Ok to return back to the Menu screen.
For a correct wireless connection, one needs to perform software installation. It can be done by inserting the CD-ROM provided with the machine inside the CD-Drive. Once done, follow the instructions appearing on your screen unless the connection type windows appear.
Besides, if you do not have the installation CD then make sure to download the software from the official website of the manufacturer.
How to Restore Network Settings to Factory Default?
Now, if you want to reset your network settings to your factory default, i.e. situations where you want to change the access point, follow the instructions given below.
- Press the Menu button situated on the printer and then utilize the arrow keys to go to the Setup icon. After that, press the OK button.
- Use left and right arrows to go to the Device Settings and then press OK.
- Now, use the arrow keys again to go to the LAN settings and then press the OK button again.
- Again, use the arrow buttons to move to the Reset LAN settings option and then press the Ok button.
- Once the “Following is completed” screen appears, press the OK button. This will successfully complete the Reset process for the LAN setting.
This way you should be able to perform canon mx890 wireless setup easily. If you want to get more information, make sure to follow our blog.