Canon Pixma MX510 is a wireless inkjet color photo printer that returns high-quality photos and versatile solutions to assist you to take your business to the next level. It also includes advanced features like AirPrint, which allows you to print emails, documents, photos, web pages from iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
How to Setup Canon Pixma MX510 Printer on a Wireless Network
In the section below, we are explaining canon mx510 wireless setup for a Windows 10 system.
Step 1 – Hardware Setup
Perform a hardware setup by following the undermentioned steps:
- Remove all the protective materials from the printer.
- Remove the tape from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Correct the power cord to the power supply outlet and then turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Install the ink cartridges into the printer properly.
Step 2 – Setup Canon Pixma MX510 Printer on a Wireless Network
Before beginning with the setup, you need to note down the SSID and password key on a paper.
There are two ways through which you can easily do canon mx510 wireless setup on your Windows 10 device.
Setting Up Connection Using the WPS Button
If the WPS button is available on your router then you can easily make the connection using it. Go through these steps:
- Make sure that the printer is turned on. After that, press the Menu button from the printer.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the Wireless LAN setup or WLAN Setup icon and then press the OK button. Now the blue WiFi lamp will light up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the access point for five seconds and then release it.
- Then press the OK button from the printer. When the printer is searching for the access point the WiFi lamp flashes.
- Once the Connected message appears, press the OK button to finish the setup. Now install the printer driver on your Windows 10 PC.
Setting Up Connection by Selecting the Standard Connection Method
If the WPS button is not available on your router, then you can connect the printer by selecting the Standard Connection method. Perform the following steps:
- Go to the above method of “Setting up connection using the WPS button” section and follow the first two steps.
- When the “Detected a WPS-compatible access point. To start setup, press the WPS button on the access point for about 5 seconds and press OK of the device” message appears, press the Stop/ Reset button on the printer.
- Select the Standard setup from Wireless LAN setup and then press the OK button.
- Now the printer will start searching for available access points (wireless networks). Select your SSID or wireless network and then press the OK button. If you do not find your Wireless network listed then manually enter the SSID and then press the OK button.
- After that, enter the password key of the network and then press the OK button. Now the printer should be connected to the network.
Step 3 – Download and Install the Canon Printer Driver
Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, install the Canon printer driver from the official website or an installation CD. Follow the steps cited below:
- Go to the official website of the Canon printer. If you have a setup CD-ROM then insert it into the disk drive of the computer.
- When the Select a Connection Type window appears, select the Network Connection and then click on the Next option.
- Now, follow the directions appearing on the screen to finish the installation process of the Canon printer on your Windows 10 device.