Canon MX492 is an all-in-one affordable and compact printer, offering superb convenience and amazing printing quality from anywhere at your office or home. Furthermore, it comes with the Wi-Fi technology that enables you to print wirelessly.
Have you recently purchased a brand new Canon MX492 printer? Then, you must be looking for the Canon MX492 manual to set up the device. You can go through the section hereunder to connect the device with a wireless connection.
How to Setup Canon MX492 Printer?
Here we are going to provide some easy steps to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. Hence, you can perform the steps provided below.
Before applying the steps, you have to make sure that you have the following components at hand:
- A laptop or computer.
- Broadcast router.
- A stable or secure internet connection.
After accruing all the requirements, you can proceed with the Canon MX492 setup.
Prepare the Canon MX492 Printer for Wireless Setup:
First of all, you need to follow the below steps to prepare the printer for wireless setup. Follow the steps stated below:
- First and foremost, make sure that the printer is turned On.
- Press the Setup button from the Menu tab.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ option by using the navigation button.
- Now, press the OK button from the Operational Panel of the printer.
- Choose the ‘Other Setup’ option and then press OK.
- Lastly, choose the ‘Cable-less Setup’ option and press the OK button to continue.
After preparing the printer for wireless setup, you can follow the below steps to connect your printer with the wireless router.
Connect Canon MX492 Printer to Wi-Fi on Windows OS:
To connect the Canon MX492 printer to your wireless network, you have to install the printer driver and software into the computer. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- Before performing the installation steps, close all the apps that are running in the background of the system.
- Sign-in to the computer using your admin account.
Now, you can use the CD-ROM that comes with the printer to install the software. Follow the below steps to do this:
- At first, insert the CD-ROM into the DVD drive of the system.
- Click on the ‘Run Msetup4.exe’ from the autoplay screen.
- Tap on the Yes button from the User Account Control dialog box to continue.
If you prefer, you can also download the installation wizard online. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
First of all, visit the official website of Canon and then tap on the ‘Set-Up’ option. After that, type the model number of the printer and tap on the Go button. You can also choose the model number from the MX list printers.
Choose your country and region from the next page and then download the setup. Once the downloading process is completed, you can go to the location where the downloaded file is stored.
Click twice on it to run the installation process. Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the installation process.
Once you have saved the file on your computer, click on it and then follow the on-screen guidance. Afterward, tap on the Next button and then tap on the ‘Wireless LAN Connection’ option. Next, tap on the ‘Connect via wireless router (recommended)’ option and click Next.
Thereafter, tap on the ‘Cableless Setup’ option and then tap on the Yes button. If it opens the ‘.NET Framework’ screen, tap on the Yes button to continue. On the next screen, you will see the list of the software that you can install. Tap on the Next button.
Once the ‘Setup Completion’ dialog box appears, tap on the Complete button and then click on the Next button. It will navigate you to the ‘Extended Survey Program’ screen. Tap on the Agree button.
Or, if you prefer, you can also tap on the Disagree button to continue with the installation process without installing the survey program. It will not affect the functionality of the printer.
Once the installation process gets completed, you see the ‘Test Print Window’ message on the screen. So, now you can run a test print. Insert a blank paper inside the printer and then tap on the Execute option.
Once you have done the test print, tap on the Next button to skip to the next window. Lastly, tap on the Exit button to complete the installation process.
Connect Canon MX492 Printer to Wi-Fi on macOS:
If you are using a Mac computer, you can perform the below steps to set up the Canon MC492 printer:
- In the beginning, follow the first 3 steps from the above procedure (same as Windows OS).
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Cableless Setup’ option and then tap on the Next button.
- Next, tap on the ‘Add Printer’ option and select the ‘Canon XXX series Canon IJ Network’ option.
- Tap on the Add button and then click on the Next button.
- Wait for a few seconds until the setup is completed. Once it completes, tap on the Next button.
- Lastly, tap on the Exit button to complete the process.
Now, the wireless LAN setup is completed for your Mac computer.
Hopefully, the above steps will help you to perform the Canon MX492 setup. If you want to read more setup guides on other Canon models, you can follow our website regularly.