Canon mx420 wireless setup is essential to let you print or scan anything on this model of Canon printer. Its exceptional features include Auto Document Feeder, that provides you speedy and swift copying, scanning, and even faxing.
Canon MX420 Wireless Setup
Before administering the wireless connection, the computer and access point/router should be configured completely. Moreover, the computer should be connected to the network correctly.
Note that configuration, setup process, security settings, and router functions of the network devices can vary. So, it is recommended to refer to the instruction manual for more accurate information.
Step 1: Required Information
To connect your access point/ router, one should know their Access Point Name or Network Name (SSID) and Network Key (WPA/WPA2 passphrase). You can find it easily on your access point or router. Note them down somewhere and continue with the setup process.
Step 2: Wireless Connection
Now to connect your printer wirelessly, you can either do so through WPS Connection Method (WPS button) or Standard Connection Method.
WPS Connection Method
Your access point should have a physical WPS force button available to execute this way of connection. However, jump to the standard connection method, if the WPS push button is not present in your router. The network used must be WPA or WPA2 protected to use this protocol.
- See if your printer is on or not. Press and hold the WiFi button at the top of the printer, until the alarm lamp flashes once.
- Also, the other lamp near this button should flash blue light. As soon as it does, go to the access point and then press the WPS button quickly. (within 2 minutes)
- While searching, the blue WiFi lamp will start flashing. On the other hand, power and WiFi lamp will flash on connecting to the access point.
- After a successful wireless connection, both the power and WiFi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit steadily.
Canon MX420 Wireless Settings Confirmation
For confirming the wireless network settings, follow the instructions provided below in sequence.
Ensure that the printer is on and then insert an A4 size plain paper into it.
- Press and hold the Resume or Cancel button till the alarm lamp blinks 15 times. Release it, once it does.
- This will successfully print the network information page. While looking at the printout, see if the Connection states Active. Moreover, check if the mentioned SSID displays the actual name of your wireless network.
If everything is ok, you can move to the software installation as instructed in step 3.
Standard Connection Method
- Firstly, press the Setup button and then choose Wireless LAN setup. Press the OK button.
- Choose Yes and then press the OK button. The WiFi lamp will lit up blue, once the wireless connection gets enabled.
- Choose “Easy Setup” and then press the OK button. Now, pick the access point name and press the OK button again. Besides, you can also input the access point name manually using the buttons.
- Once prompted for network key, enter it correctly through the Numeric buttons and then press OK.
- On entering the correct Network Key, “Connected to the access point screen” will appear. Press OK.
- However, if the printer does not get connected to the access point, check if the entered network key is correct. If not, then enter it correctly.
Step 3: Driver and Software Installation
Insert the Setup CD-ROM that came with the printer into the CD drive. In doing so, if the program does not get started automatically, click twice on the CD-ROM icon in My Computer. Double click on MSETUP4.EXE.
Click on “Easy Install” to install drivers, application software, on-screen manuals. Now, click on Install, once the next screen appears.
Choose “Use the printer with wireless LAN connection” and then click on Next. Agree to the License Agreement by clicking on Yes.
Once the “Please Allow All Install Wizard Processes” windows display, click on Next. Now, click Next on the Printer Detection Screen and Click OK, once asked to turn on the printer.
Choose the Canon MX420 printer from the Detected Printer list and then click on Next. Now, click on Complete/OK within the setup screen to install your device and software successfully.
If any other instructions appear on your screen make sure to follow them. Click on Finish and Exit to complete the setup.