Canon MP560 is an all-in-one compact printer that comes with an adapter to allow the users to connect to devices like computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones wirelessly. But first, you have to do canon mp560 wireless setup properly to make it work smoothly.
If you are a Canon MP560 printer user, it is essential for you to know the setup procedure.
How to Setup Canon MP560 Printer on your Wireless Network?
Here we are going to provide some simple steps through which you can perform canon mp560 printer wireless setup.
Before going to connect the printer to your wireless network, make sure that the configuration of the router and computer is completed. You also need to confirm that the computer is connected with the same network as the printer.
Note down the following information:
- Network or Access Point Name (SSID).
- Network Key (WPA/WPA2 passphrase, WEP Key, encryption key, pre-shared key).
Adding the Multifunction to the Network:
Now, you can perform the following steps:
Choose Settings using the easy-scroll wheel of the printer and press the OK button. Select the ‘Device Settings’ option and press OK. Afterward, choose the ‘Yes ’ option and press the OK button. Now, you will see that the Wi-Fi light is flashing with a blue color.
Choose the ‘Change wireless / wired’ option and press OK. Now, choose the Network Name that you wrote down and press OK. Next, enter the Network key or password and press the OK button.
Now, confirm that the Network Key that you have entered is correct and press the OK button. Afterward, press the OK button from the completion screen.
Confirm Connection Status:
After performing the above steps, you have to confirm the connection status. To do that, you can follow the steps stated below:
- Press the Home button and choose Settings using the easy-scroll wheel. Press the OK button to continue.
- Choose the ‘Device Settings’ option and press OK. Now, select the ‘LAN Settings’ option and press the OK button.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Confirm LAN settings’ option and then press the OK button.
- Choose the ‘Wireless LAN settings list’ option and press the OK button.
- Now, confirm that the Connection is set to Active. Next, press the Home button.
It will take a few minutes to complete the connection. Press the Back button and wait for a few seconds. After a few seconds, it will open the ‘Wireless LAN settings.’
Downloading and Installing the Driver:
Now, you can download and install the driver and software for the Canon MP560 printer.
Step 1: Download the Driver
To download the driver and software, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, visit the official website of Canon and navigate to the ‘Drivers & Software’ section.
- Select the Operating System and OS from the drop-down menu. Tap on the Download button from the Drivers section to download the MP driver.
- Read the instructions and information carefully from the next page and check the ‘I Agree – Begin Download’ box. Afterward, click on the Save or Run button.
Note: If you select the Save button, the file will start to install by itself. But, if you choose the Run option, then double-click to initiate the installation process.
Step 2: Install the Driver
After downloading the driver, if the ‘User Account Control’ screen appears, tap on the Yes or Continue button to proceed further. Afterward, if you find the same screen reappearing, tap on the Continue or Yes button once again.
Now, you can follow the steps below to complete the installation process:
- In the beginning, tap on the Next button from the Welcome screen.
- Choose your Country and Region and then click on the Next button to continue.
- Tap on the Yes button to agree on the License Agreement. Now, the installation process will start.
- Choose the ‘Use the Printer on network’ from the ‘Connection method’ screen and click Next.
- Now, the computer will search for the available printer device. Once the ‘Detected Printers List’ screen appears, select your printer and click Next.
- As a result, it will install all the driver components. Afterward, tap on the Next button from the ‘Setup Completion’ window.
- Once it opens the ‘Connection Performance Measurement’ dialog box, tap on the Next button.
- Confirm the measurement results and click on the Finish button.
Note: If the ‘System Settings Change’ pop-up box appears, tap on the Ok button to restart the computer. Or if you prefer, you can click on the Cancel button to restart later.
Now, you have successfully performed canon mp560 wireless setup to the computer wirelessly.