Canon MG5420 is a wireless inkjet all-in-one printer. It adds amazing details in business-related documents and as well as in photographs with 9600×2400 maximum color dpi and 5 color ink system. It offers the users an amazing Snap Edge Features.
If you have just bought this printer in the workplace or in your house, then you need to set it up properly. Here, we will guide you with the proper steps to connect this printer after implementing the Canon MG5420 printer wireless setup properly.
Follow the instructions carefully that are listed below.
Quick Guides For Canon MG5420 Wireless Setup
In this section, we are going to discuss some of the useful methods to set up the printer. In the first section, we are going to talk about how to set up the printer using the WPS connection method. Next, we will show you how to set up the printer using the standard connection method.
Guide 1: WPS Connection Method
WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected setup. It is a wireless process which helps the users to establish a connection between the router and the wireless devices faster and easier. Before we initiate the process, you need to keep an eye on a few things.
You need to check if the access point has a WPS push button. If the push button is not available, in that case, you need to do the next method (Standard Connection Method).
Besides, the wireless network must use the WPA2 security protocol. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps to set up the Printer.
- Tap on the “Home” button on the printer. Now, press the left function button.
- Now, check if the Wifi lamp is blinking when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The Printer will now search for the access points which support the WPS feature.
- Now, tap on the “WPS” button of the access point for a while and release it.
- Press the “OK” button on the printer. The Wi-Fi lamp on the printer on the time of searching for the access point. “ button to finish the process.
Now, you have successfully set up the printer using the WPS method. Now, you have to install the software and the drivers in the device. If you are unable to set up the printer, you need to do the next method in that case.
Guide 2: Standard Connection Method
If you are unable to set up the printer, then perform this ultimate method to establish the connection in the printer with the help of this method.
You can start the process by holding the “Home” button on the printer.
Next, perform the following steps:
- Use the scroll up and scroll down button and choose the “WLAN Setup” option.
- Now, tap on the “B” button (left function button). Wait for a while until the Wi-Fi lamp blinks.
This indicates that the wireless connection is established. The printer will now search for access points that support the WPS feature.
Now, you need to do as follows:
- Now, tap on the “Stop/Reset” button. Choose the ‘Standard Setup” option and then tap on the “OK” button to start the standard setup process.
- Use the scroll up and scroll down button to choose the access point. The name of the access point will start with the SSID. Choose the SSID and then tap on the “OK” button.
Note: If you are unable to search the network, tap on the “left function“ button to choose the ”Search Again” option.
You will see two screens next. One is the WEP key and the other one is the “WPA/WPA2’ screen.
- Tap on the “OK” button next to put the network password of the wireless network. Enter the proper characters when the keyboard will display on the screen.
Process to Enter the Characters:
Entering the characters using the keyboard can be very sensitive. You need to put the characters carefully by using the procedure that is mentioned below.
- Tap on the “center function“ button to switch from the lower, upper and numeric characters.
- Now, use the scroll up and down keys to choose the characters from the keyboard. Tap on the “OK” button to choose and go to the next character.
- Once you are done with putting the passwords, then tap on the left function button to choose the “Done” option.
If you have put the correct password, it will be displayed on the screen.
Note: If you have put the wrong password, you can correct it by tapping on the “OK” button.
- Now, you need to tap on the “Left function” button to end the setup process.
- When the screen will appear, tap on the “OK’ button.
By following the above steps, you will be able to set up the Wi-Fi in the printer. Now, install the CD-ROM in the CD drive to install the drivers.
These are the two ultimate methods to perform Canon MG5420 wireless setup procedure so that you can a high-quality print-out from this printer easily. Connect it to the Wi-Fi to get a quick print out in your required places.