The Canon MG3022 is an all-in-one compact printer. This printer offers various ideal and attractive features to its users. Some of them are Auto Power On, Built-in WIFI and the PIXMA Cloud Link. The hybrid ink system offers color ink for the bright colors.
The black printer ink offers a crisp and clear text in print. You can connect this printer both wired and wirelessly. However, a proper Canon MG3022 wireless setup is required so you can utilize its features.
Before setting it up, make sure that your printer has a physical WPS button. Make sure that the internet connection uses secure access to Wi-Fi such as WPA1 or WPA 2 as most of the WPS use this protocol.
Canon MG3022 Wifi Setup: Steps to Follow
To set up the Canon MG3022 wireless printer, you need to go through the steps cited below properly.
- At first, turn on the printer and then tap and hold the Wi-Fi button. When the indicator light shines then release the button.
- You need to check whether the blue light shines or not.
- Now, navigate to the access point to turn the WPS button on. When you search for your access point, at that time you might notice that the blue light flash blinking continuously.
- Once it is connected to the access point, you will notice that the power light and WiFi will blink.
- If the procedure succeeds, then you will notice that the electric and Wi-Fi lamps stop blinking.
- If you want to know whether the process was successful, you need to try to print the network settings of your printer.
- After putting a sheet of paper, tap on the resume or the cancel button. When you observe that the indicator lamp shines 15 times, release the button.
- If you see the printer prints the network’s information page, then that indicates the installation process is successfully done.
- When the printer is connected to the internet connection, then both of the indicators will be turned off.
Confirm the Canon MG3022 WiFi Setup
With the help of the steps mentioned below, you will able to confirm the Canon MG3022 WiFi setup.
- If you want to verify if your printer is connected to the internet then try to print the document for testing purposes.
- Then, check whether the printer is running or not.
- After that, the connection of the printer needs to be checked and ensure that the connection is active.
- Check the name of your internet connection, whether it is correct or not and then go to the tray to load paper.
- Then, hold the Start over or the cancel button until the indicator flashes up to 15 times.
- After that, leave the button and then you will notice that the test document will be printed successfully.
Hopefully, applying the above steps appropriately will help you set up the Canon MG3022 wireless printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions and their answers are given below.
How do you reset your Canon printer to the Factory Settings?
Ans: Here are the steps that you need to follow to reset your Canon printer to the Factory Settings.
- First, the printer needs to be turned on and after that open the Menu.
- Go to the Setup Menu with the help of the directional arrows.
- Now, navigate to the Device Settings and tap on the OK button.
- Finally, begin the process. For that, go to the Reset Settings option and then click on the OK option.
How do you get your device to recognize your wireless printer?
Ans: If you want to know how to get your device to recognize your device, go through the steps mentioned below.
- At first, tap on the Windows key and Q at the same time on your keyboard to open the Windows Search option.
- Then, go to the Printer option and click on the Printers and Scanners option.
- Now, click on the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Next, select “the printer that I want isn’t listed” followed by the Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer option.
- In the end, select the connected printer.
How do you connect your printer to a new wireless network?
Ans: If you want to connect your printer to a new wireless network, then follow the steps mentioned hereunder. Before going to the steps, make sure that you know your network name and security password.
- First, navigate to the printer’s Control Panel and then click on the Network menu.
- You can also select the wireless icon to go to the Settings option.
- Then, go to the Wireless Setup Wizard and click on the list of wireless networks.