Canon Pixma MG3120 is a wireless inkjet all in one printer with exceptional print quality. You can even connect this printer to the Wi-Fi. Besides, you can also scan and fax in this printer. In one word, this printer is a multi-tasker device.
So, if you have recently bought this printer and want to avail of these features you need a proper setup. This Canon mg3120 wireless setup guide is aimed at providing the exact steps and procedures needed to set this printer up.
Canon Pixma MG3120 Wireless Setup: Steps to Follow
In this section, we are going to discuss how to set up the Canon mg3120 printer wirelessly. We will show you how to connect this printer for both Windows and the Mac device.
Step 1: Connect the Printer to WiFi using WPS
First, check if the computer is connected to the wireless network. Now, do as follows:
- Press the WPS button on your router for about 5 seconds. Make sure the printer is powered on, if it isn’t, then do so.
- Next, tap the Maintenance button on the printer.
- Wait for a while. Now, tap on the “Fit to PAGE” option.
- The printer will now start searching for an access point. The LED will start flashing and the WiFi lamp will flash blue if an access point is found.
- If the Timeout error (E>2>1) appears on your printer, then press the Color or Black button and repeat the above steps.
This finishes the connection of the printer with the WiFi. You just need to install the software on your computer to start using it.
Step 2: Install Drivers and Software (Windows)
To install the drivers, you need to have the CD-ROM that comes with the printer. The installation process might take some time.
Note: Check if any applications are running currently on the device. Close those.
Do not switch off the device at the time of the installation. You need to log in to the device with administrative rights and a strong internet connection at the time of the installation.
You need to turn off the antivirus software and firewall when you will install the driver in the device.
- Insert the CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive and then go to the next step.
Note: If you don’t have the CD-ROM, you can install the required software from the official website of Canon.
- When the Canon installation page will appear, go to the “Wireless connection” and click on it.
- Now, read the “Printer Setup” instructions that will appear on the screen.
- On the “Setup Procedure selection” screen, choose the “WPS” method.
- Now, the “Software Installation list” will appear on the screen. On that list, choose the name of the software that you want to install and then tap on the “next” option.
The drivers and software will now install in the device. Continue the process by reading the on-screen instructions. Setup is now complete. now follow the remaining instructions to exit for the setup process
Install the Drivers and Software in Mac
Before starting the process, check if the computer is connected to a standard internet connection.
Note: You need to log into the device with administrative rights. Also, check if any applications are running in the device. Do not turn off the device at the time of the installation.
You need to have the CD-ROM that came with the printer to start the installation. But if you don’t have any disk you can download the software by going the Canon official website.
- First and foremost insert the CD-ROM that comes with the printer in the CD-ROM drive.
- After inserting it, read the onscreen instructions. In the “1-2 Connection Method Selection” tap on the “Wireless connection” option.
- Read the instructions from the “Printer Setup” page to the “Setup Procedure Selection” page.
- On the next “Step Procedure Selection” screen, tap on the “Wireless Setup Using USB Cable” option.
- Now, wait for a while until the Software Installation List appears.
- On the list of the names, tap on the “Next” option. The drivers will install in the device. Read the onscreen instructions.
If you are still facing any issue on the time if printing any documents, you need to check these:
- Check if you have turned on the Printer.
- Make sure there is a good strength of Wi-Fi.
- Check if the ink cartridges have sufficient ink.
- Enter A4 sized paper in the correct tray.