The Canon MF8580Cdw printer is an excellent multifunctional printer that offers many features. You can print, copy, scan and fax documents with just one machine. Moreover, It can print up to 21 pages per minute. Now, let us discuss how to perform canon mf8580cdw wireless setup easily.
Canon MF8580Cdw wireless setup: Step by Step Instructions
Incidentally, make sure that the machine and the computer are connected through a wireless router. Thereafter, follow the steps below to do so.
- First, go to your printer’s control panel and go to Settings. Here, head over to Network Settings.
- Next, select Wireless LAN settings and press the Ok button. If prompted, simply choose Yes.
- Here, navigate and choose SSID settings. Now, choose the ‘Select Access Point’ option from the list.
- Thereafter, search for your Wi-Fi network from the list and press Ok. Now enter its password and choose Yes to connect.
- Finally, check the connectivity by seeing whether the Wi-Fi Indicator light has been turned on or not.
Check Wi-Fi Settings
To properly check the Wi-Fi settings of your wireless printer, you can follow the instructions as given below.
- First, you need to find out the IP address of your printing device. You can find this in the user manual, printer or from its settings.
- From settings, you can find it under Settings > Network Settings > LAN settings and information.
- Thereafter, launch a web browser on your system and go to the address bar. Here, type ‘http://(the IP address of the machine)/’ and hit the Enter key.
- In case a remote UI screen appears it means a proper connection has been established.
- However, in case the Remote UI screen is not displayed, ensure that the machine is connected to the computer through a Wireless LAN.
Install Printer Driver Software
Once completed, head over to the official website of the Canon and search for the printer driver for the mf8580cdw model. After that, download the file and run it as an Administrator. Next, follow the instructions as displayed to install the driver on your computer. Finally, try to print a test page and check if it is working or not.
Finally, you should be able to complete the Canon MF8580Cdw wireless setup by following the solutions provided above. Thereafter, follow all the steps one by one. You may need to get in touch with Technical support if you are facing issues during the setup procedure.