Canon MF634cdw comes with easy to use features such as various mobile solutions, a single-pass, duplex scan feature, and the intuitive 5-inch color touch LCD panel. It also includes functionalities such as scan, print, copy, and fax in a high-quality printer that is perfect for any office.
Canon MF634CDW Wireless Setup Process
Below we are going to guide you Canon MF634CDW Wireless Setup process.
Step 1 – Set up the Hardware Connection
Do the hardware connection set up by following the directions as instructed below:
- Remove all the plastic covers from the printer.
- Remove the orange protective tapes from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cable to the printer’s port and the other to the power supply outlet.
- After that, press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Next, insert the ink cartridges into the printer properly.
Step 2 – Set up Canon MF634CDW Printer on the Wireless Network
Before performing the Canon MF634CDW Wireless Setup, note down the SSID and password key on a paper.
There are three ways to connect the Canon MF634CDW printer to a wireless network. All three works well and you can choose either one of them.
Setting Up Connection Using WPS Push Button
If the wireless router supports WPS push button mode, you can easily set up a connection using that. Follow these steps:
- Switch on the printer and go to its Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel, tap on Menu from the Home screen.
- From the Menu section, choose Preferences and then tap on it.
- After that, select Network. If prompted, enter your ID and password.
- Tap on Wireless LAN Settings. If you see “Do you want to enable the wireless LAN?” message on the screen, tap on the Yes option to enable it.
- Read the message that appearing and then select the OK option.
- Choose the WPS Push Button Mode and then tap on the Yes option.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router. Now the printer will search for the router.
- Wait for a few seconds until the Connected message appears. Then tap on the Close option.
Use WPS PIN Code Mode to Set Up the Connection
If the wireless router supports WPS PIN code mode, then create a WPS PIN code with the device and register the code to the wireless network.
- Open the wireless router on your computer and once prompted, enter the WPS PIN code.
- After that, move to the section above and follow the first six steps.
- Then tap on the WPS PIN Code Mode and then select the Yes option.
- Register the created PIN code to the wireless router.
- Wait for some time until the Connected message appears on the Control Panel of the printer and then select the Close option.
Set Up Connection by Selecting an SSID (Wireless Router)
- Navigate to the “Setting up connection using WPS Push Button” section and follow the first six steps.
- Select the SSID Settings and then tap on Select access point. Now the printer will begin to search for available wireless routers.
- Select your wireless router and then select the OK option. If your SSID or router name is not displayed then select the Enter Manually option. Put the SSID and then tap on the Apply option.
- After that, put the network key and then tap on the Yes option.
- Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, select the Close option and then press the Home button to return to the main screen. After that, install the driver.
Step 3 – Download or Install the Canon Printer Driver
After connecting to a wireless network, install the printer driver on your PC. Follow the steps given below:
- Insert the CD into the disk drive of the computer. If the CD is not available then download the driver from the official web page of the Canon printer.
- Double-click on the setup file of the Canon printer and then click on the Next option to begin the installation. Follow the directions appearing on the screen until the Select the Types of Connection window shows.
- Select the Network connection and then click on the Next option.
- Now the software will start looking for the device. Select the printer from that list and then continue with the on-screen directions to finish the installation process.
- Once the installation completes, try to print any document to check if the printer is working correctly or not.