If you buy a new Canon MF628CW printer for your small business or personal usage, then first you have to set up the printer to make it work correctly. You can complete this canon mf628cw wireless setup in two different ways, using wires and wirelessly.
The advantage of using a wireless connection is, you can keep the device anywhere you want, even away from your computer or router. Hence, if you want to set up the Canon MF628CW printer wirelessly, it is essential to know the setup procedure.
How to Setup the Canon MF628CW Printer on a Wireless Network?
There are two ways for canon imageclass mf628cw wireless setup. They are:
Method 1: Setting Up Connection Using WPS
When you are using the WPS method, two modes are available. They are the PIN code mode and Pushbutton mode.
PIN Code Mode:
To use this, first, access the broadcast router from a computer. Enter the WPS PIN code in the specific field. Afterward, you can follow the steps below from the Control Panel of the printer:
- First of all, press the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Tap on the ‘Network Settings’ option. It will open the login screen. Provide the correct ID and PIN using the numeric keys. Then, press the ID button.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Wireless LAN Settings’ option. If the ‘Do you want to enable the wireless LAN?’ message appears, click on the Yes button to proceed further.
- As a result, it will show a message. Read it carefully and tap on the OK button.
- Tap on the ‘WPS PIN Code Mode’ option and then tap on the Yes button.
Now, register the generated PIN code to your broadcast router from the computer. Afterward, you can check if the Wi-Fi indicator is blinking.
Push Button Mode:
If the router you are using has a WPS push button, you can easily set up the router using this. To do this, you can have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, perform the first 4 steps from the PIN Code Mode.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘WPS Push Button Mode’ option and then click on the Yes button.
- Next, press the WPS button on the router and hold it for a few seconds.
Once the wireless router is detected by the printer, the Wi-Fi indicator will start to blink.
Method 2: Manually Setting Up Connection
If you want to set up the connection manually, you can either choose a wireless router or manually type the necessary information.
First, you have to note down the Network Name and Network Key of the wireless router. To check the Network Key and Network Name, you can follow these steps:
- First, insert the installation CD-ROM into the CD drive of the computer.
- Choose your preferred language and tap on the OK button.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Start Software Programs’ option and then click on the Start button.
- Read the License Agreement carefully and tap on the Yes button to continue.
- On the next screen, you will see that the necessary information about your wireless router is displayed.
Now, there are two ways you can set up the connection manually. They are:
Selecting a Wireless Router:
You can search for the wireless routers and choose one of them from the display of the printer. Enter the TKIP or WEP key in the Network Key field that you wrote down previously. Afterward, you can perform as follows:
- Tap on the menu button on the Home screen and then click on the ‘Network Settings’ option.
- It will take you to the login screen. Type the correct ID and PIN and press the ID button.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Wireless LAN Settings’ option. On the next screen, you will see a message. Read it carefully and tap on the OK button.
- Next, tap on the ‘SSID Settings’ option and then tap on the ‘Select Access Point’ option. Now, the printer will start searching for the broadcast router.
- Afterward, you will a list of some wireless LAN routers. Choose the router whose Network name matches the one that you have noted down.
- Type the Network Key and tap on the Apply button. Next, click on the Yes button to proceed further.
- Now, you can check if the Wi-Fi indicator is beginning to blink.
If this method doesn’t help you connect the printer to your wireless network, you can perform the next method stated below.
Manually Entering the Setup Information:
If you wish to specify the security settings in detail or if you can’t establish the broadcast connection using any other procedures, then you can enter the required information of your wireless router manually. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- First, perform the first 3 steps from the previous procedure.
- Choose the ‘SSID Settings’ option and then click on the ‘Enter Manually’ option.
- Afterward, enter the Network Name that you have written down. Next, tap on the Apply button.
- Now, specify the security settings depending on the information that you wrote down. If you don’t need to specify the security settings, click on the None button.
- Afterward, click on the Yes button.
- Once the printer detects the wireless router, the Wi-Fi indicator of the printer will start to blink.