The Canon MF229DW is a popular all-in-one printer that is widely used by many users. Having bought this model, you must be wondering about Canon MF229DW setup method. Incidentally, you can connect this printer either through USB, Wireless connectivity or LAN.
How to Setup Canon MF229DW in a Few Simple Steps
In this section, we are going to go over the needed steps to carry out the setup procedure. Therefore, follow the instructions below very carefully.
First, let us discuss the Setup process using the printer driver CD that comes with the printer.
- Plug your printer to a power source and switch it on. Check whether the power indicator LED on the printer is glowing or not.
- After the proper indication, insert the installation disk into your computer.
- Next, go and click on This PC icon and find out double-click on the CD/DVD icon to start the installation process.
- Now, follow the instructions to continue with the installation process of the printer driver software.
- After the installation is done, restart both the system and the printer.
After that, print a test page to check if the printer is working or not.
Now, let us cover the steps in case you do not have the installation disk. In such cases, you will need to perform the installation through the Windows operating system. Thus, go through the steps given below to do so.
- As earlier, turn on your printer. Thereafter, go to your computer and press Windows + R button from your keyboard. Here, type ‘control’ and press enter.
- Here, look for the Printers icon and click on it. Within that window, select ‘Add a printer’ option from the list.
- After that, you will be able to initiate the Canon MF229DW setup process. Thus, follow the instructions that appear on the Windows Setup Wizard.
- Now, you will have to choose between a Network printer setup or a Local printer setup. In this case, you will have to select the Network option as you are doing the wireless setup.
- Then as you get the prompt, enter the location of your driver in terms of directory pathway.
After you complete these steps, you will be able to complete the setup of the printer. Now, just restart both the systems and check whether the printer is working as it should.
To conclude, you can easily follow the above steps to complete the Canon MF229DW setup process. Thereafter, you will be able to start using your printer with no issues. However, if you were unable to properly set it up or faced some error codes, then you need to contact technical assistance to get it resolved quickly.