The Canon LBP6030w is a wireless printer that is suitable for both home and office work. It is easy to use a printer that has a space-saving compact design and will fit right in every desktop. And, the Canon lbp6030w is exactly that type of a printer.
With its quick printing facility, you can now print within seconds. In addition, with its Energy saver mode, this printer saves both energy and time.
So. if you want to avail of these features, you need to know how to set it up and here you will get the proper guidance do Canon LBP6030w Wireless Setup.
How to Setup Canon LBP6030w
In this section, we are going to discuss how to set up the Canon lbp6030w printer. Go through the steps one by one to set up the printer in a correct manner.
Step 1: Install the Computer Software
- Open a Web Browser, go to the official website of Canon.
- Write the Model name (lbp6030w) and then choose from the list.
- Tap on the “Go” button to get the latest versions of the drives for the current model.
- Now, choose the operating system and the version of it from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the “Select” button next to the driver that you want to install.
- Tap on the “Download” button next. Next, a “License Agreement” page will appear.
- Tap on the “Yes” button to agree with the software license. Choose the “Save” button to start the printer driver software downloading process.
Step 2: Connect the Printer to the Computer
- Now, open the folder where the file is saved.
- First, decompress the file and next open the folder and then the subfolder named Network_Setting_tool.
- Open the setup tool by clicking on CNA1STK.
- Click on Yes on the User Account Control box.
- Select Install with USB Connection and click on Next.
- The driver installation should be completed within a few minutes. When it does, it will show an Installation Complete screen.
Step 3: Set Up the Printer Wirelessly
- You first need to tap on the CNA1STK folder to open the Canon MF/LBP Network Setup Tool.
- In the Canon MF/LBP Network Setup Tool window, choose the “Wireless LAN Connection” option.
- Tap on the “Next” button now. Next, tap on the “Yes, I want to configure the network settings” button.
- Tap on the” Next” button again. Choose the “Easy Setup” option and then click the ”Next” button again.
- Make sure the router has a WPS button on it. Choose the appropriate button from the next screen. Tap on the “My wireless LAN access point has a WPS button”,
Note: If you are not sure which connection method to choose, you can click on the “Useful Tips” option. Now, tap on the “My Wireless LAN access point does not have a WPS button or I cannot find the button”
Step 4: For WPS Supporting Router
If the router has a WPS button, you need to do as follows:
- After tapping on the “My wireless LAN access point has a WPS button”, tap on the “Next” button.
- Now, read the onscreen instructions and then tap on the “Next” button.
- You will now see that the Wi-Fi indicator will turn into solid blue. This indicates that the printer is successfully connected wirelessly
- Tap on the “Next” button. Now, click on the “Exit” button.
Step 5: For the Non-WPS Supporting Router
If the router doesn’t have a WPS button, you need to do as follows:
- Tap on the “My wireless LAN access point does not have a WPS button or I cannot find the button” option. Then click on the “Next” button.
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions. Tap on the “Next” button now.
- A list of the wireless networks will appear on the screens. Choose the current wireless network and then tap on the “Next’ button now.
Note: If the computer and the printer are already connected to the same wireless network, in that case, you don’t need to put the network key. But if not, then you need to put the Network key in the correct field. Then tap on the “Next” key.
- Wait for a while until the Wi-Fi indicator turns blue. This indicates that the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network.
- Tap on the “ Next” button now. Click on the “Exit” button to close the Network Setup Tool.
When you are done with connecting the printer to the wireless network, you need to install the printer drivers on your computer.
Step 6: Install the Software and the Printer Driver
- Firstly, you need to open the folder where the installation files and software are saved. From there go to the “UFRII” folder.
- Now, click on the “us_eng” folder and then open the “x32” or “x64” folder. (Depends on the computer system)
- Tap on the “Setup.exe” to start the driver installation process.
- In the next Printer Driver Installation page, read the Software license agreement carefully.
- Tap on the “Yes” button next. Now, choose the “Standard” option and then click on the “Next” option.
- Choose the “Add New Printer” option and then tap on the “Next” button again.
- Choose the name of the printer from the available list. Click on the “Next” option then.
- Click on the “Start” button. When the installation is complete, tap on the “Restart” option.
Make sure that the “Restart My Computer Now” option is checked. Now, you can successfully print from the printer. Put A4 size paper in the correct tray and check if you can print. If not, then you need to repeat the above steps. Also check the following, if you are unable to print your important documents.
- Check if the ink cartridges have sufficient ink.
- Make sure there is a good strength of network connection.