Canon Pixma IX6820 printer is an excellent office printer that comes with a mobile-print facility including print via Cloud, Airprint, etc. over a wireless network.
Another effective feature of Canon Pixma IX6820 is My Image Garden software which combines all the other profound features such as Full HD Movie Print and Special Filter, in one suitable software application.
Here we will be discussing how to setup canon ix6820 wireless on a device.
Step-By-Step Procedure to Setup Canon IX6820 Printer on a Device over a Wireless Network
In the section below, you will get to know the canon ix6820 wireless setup process.
Step 1 – Hardware Setup Connection
At first, do the hardware setup connection by following the steps below.
Remove the Packages
Remove the packages from the printer. After that, open the top cover and remove the orange tape and protective material. Open the front cover and pull out the paper output tray. Then remove the tape.
Connect the Power Cord
You need to connect the power cord to the printer. Connect the inlet end of the power cord into the Canon printer’s port and the other end into the power outlet. After that, turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
Install the Ink Tanks
Open the top cover and wait until the printhead holder stops at the ink tank installation position. Now uncover the ink tanks. Make sure to completely remove the orange tape from the Y-shaped air flit. After that, remove the orange cape.
Then insert the ink tank and press it. Insert the other ink tanks in the same way. Confirm that all the lamps are flashing. After doing this, close the top over.
Load the Paper
After inserting all the ink tanks to the printer, you need to load A4 sized papers into the input paper tray. Now the printer’s hardware setup connection has completed.
Step 2 – Install the Canon Pixma IX6820 Printer Driver on the Wireless Network
After completing the hardware setup connection, you need to install the driver on the wireless network. Follow the directions given below:
- If you have a Setup CD-ROM then insert the CD into the system’s Disk port. Alternatively, you can install the driver from the manufacture website.
- Follow the on-screen directions until the Connection Method Selection window appears on the screen. Select the Network Connection and then click on the Wireless Connection.
- Ensure that, the printer’s power lamp is lit and then click on the Next option. After that, click on the ‘Connect to the network’ option on the Printer Setup window.
Step 3 – Setup Procedure
There are two ways you can set up the Canon Pixma IX6820 printer on the device.
Setup the Canon Pixma IX6820 Printer Using WPS Button
On the Setup Procedure Selection window, if you select WPS, then perform the following steps:
- Press and hold the WiFi button on the printer until the power lamp blinks once, next leave the button.
- Go to the router (Access point) and press the WPS button for a few seconds. Following that, the printer will be connected to the access point. Now, follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
Setup the Canon Pixma IX6820 Printer Using Cableless Setup
- Choose the ‘Cableless setup’ from the Setup Procedure Selection window.
- Press and hold down the WiFi button until the power lamp flashes and then release the button. After that, click on the Next button.
- Afterward, a list of software will display on the screen. Choose the software that you need to install and then click on the Next option. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation process is complete, try to print to check if the Canon ix6820 printer is working correctly or not.